This conversion kit for the Nissan Patrol GQ GU 4.2L 5 speed manual uses the V6 Holden 3.8L to replace the factory petrol or diesel engine, which is expensive to rebuild. The V6 Holden is powerful, economical and also offers easy maintenance and peace of mind, knowing replacement parts can be found anywhere, a comforting thought when travelling around Australia. Available clutch is 10″ only, not suitable for towing.
- The conversion is suited to the V6 3.8L Buic or Ecotec engines. It does not suit the 3.6L Alloytec.
- Warning: The input shaft on the Nissan transmission may need to be shortened down to prevent the shaft from bottoming into the crank. Measure depth using the Dellow Bellhousing on the engine to get the correct cut amount
- The thrust race extension is used in half of installations, please check the clutch set up before installing
- This conversion is only suitable for vehicles with the larger transmission typically in 4.2L Patrols (which customers have post fitted). Around 1998 / 1999 the 3.0L Patrol transitioned from the small gearbox to the larger one. The small gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian driver side, the large gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian passenger side.
- Please advise I.D size of your crank, 20.95 or 27.85mm.
- Send the flexplate from the engine being used to PO Box 200, Milperra NSW 2214. The Ring Gear will then be attached to the new flywheel with the correct counter balance identified from your flexplate. Warning: Incorrect flywheel counter balance may result in engine damage.