This conversion kit for the Nissan Patrol GQ-GU 4.2L uses the Holden V8 to replace the factory petrol or diesel engine, which is expensive to rebuild. The Holden V8 is powerful, economical and also offers easy maintenance and peace of mind, knowing replacement parts can be found anywhere, a comforting thought when travelling around Australia.
Conversion kit includes:
- Spigot Bush
- Clutch & Pressure Plate Combination (400bhp)
- Engine Mount Brackets
- Engine Mount Rubbers
- Flywheel & Ring Gear
- Flywheel & Pressure Plate Bolt Kit
- V8’s in Nissan Patrols are a tight fit, firewall modification and body lift kits usually required.
- When ordering please specify whether your engine is Trimatic or Turbo Pattern.
- Warning: The input shaft on the Nissan transmission may need to be shortened down to prevent the shaft from bottoming into the crank. Measure depth using the Dellow Bellhousing on the engine to get the correct cut amount
- This conversion is only recommended for vehicles with the larger gearbox (which customers have post fitted). Around 1998 / 1999 the 3.0L Patrol transitioned from the small gearbox to the large one. The small gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian driver side, the large gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian passenger side.