This conversion kit fits the Ford 302 V8 injected engine to the Nissan Patrol GQ GU 4.2L manual 5 speed transmission. The Ford V8 5L is powerful, economical and also offers easy maintenance and peace of mind knowing replacement parts can be sourced.
- This kit is mainly appropriate for Racing or Off-Road vehicles as the Ford V8 is a tight fit in the engine bay of a GQ GU Nissan Patrol. Modification and cutting of the firewall and a 2″ body lift kit is required.
- Warning: The input shaft on the Nissan transmission may need to be shortened down to prevent the shaft from bottoming into the crank. Measure depth using the Dellow Bellhousing on the engine to get the correct cut amount.
- The Bellhousing kit is made for the 3 bolt passenger side starter with a 10.2″ clutch & flywheel.
- This conversion is only suitable for vehicles with the larger transmission typically in 4.2L Patrols (which customers have post fitted). Around 1998 / 1999 the 3.0L Patrol transitioned from the small gearbox to the larger one. The small gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian driver side, the large gearbox has the slave cylinder on the Australian passenger side.
- Also available Engine Back Plate (for302I engine from automatic vehicle) @ $135, Engine Mounts @ $250.