This new conversion kit for the Nissan Patrol GQ-GU 4.2L uses any Barra 6 with a manual FG Turbo configuration to replace the factory petrol or diesel engine. The Turbo Barra is powerful, relatively economical and offers easy maintenance and peace of mind, knowing replacement parts can be found anywhere, a comforting thought when travelling around Australia.
1) This kit requires the use of a Maverick or ute sump to clear your front differential (rear pick up type)
2) The bearing extension in this kit is used in 50% installations, please check the clutch set up before installing
3) The Patrol gearbox spigot can range between 7”and 7 ½”, it may require shortening for clearance within the crank
4) We machine the Bellhousing to suit the larger flywheel and manual FG starter motor / Backplate.
5) This conversion is only suitable for vehicles with a large gearbox (which customers have post fitted). Around 1998 / 1999 the 3.0L Patrol transitioned from the small gearbox to the large one. The small gearbox has the slave cylinder on the driver side, the large gearbox has the slave cylinder on the passenger side.