This Dellow conversion kit for the Nissan Patrol GQ GU uses any Barra 6 to replace the factory 4.2L petrol or diesel engine. The turbo Barra is powerful, relatively economical and offers easy maintenance and peace of mind, knowing replacement parts can be found anywhere, a comforting thought when travelling around Australia.
1) Warning: The input shaft on the Nissan transmission may need to be shortened down to prevent the shaft from bottoming into the crank. Measure depth using the Dellow bellhousing on the engine to get the correct cut amount.
2) This kit requires the use of an FG sump to clear your front differential (rear pick up type)
3) The bearing extension in this kit is used in 50% installations, please check the clutch set up before installing
4) We machine the bellhousing to suit the FG turbo flywheel (O.D 355mm) and manual FG starter motor / backplate.
5) This conversion is only suitable for vehicles with the larger transmission typically in 4.2L Patrols (which customers have post fitted). Around 1998 / 1999 the 3.0L Patrol transitioned from the small gearbox to the large one. The small gearbox has the slave cylinder on the driver side, the large gearbox has the slave cylinder on the passenger side.